Fellow workers from Turkey,
The people of our countries live along with the refugees and migrants their drama who, seeking to escape the wars, are snatched from their countries and face the hardships, exploitation and death itself.
The governments of the EU countries, of Greece and of Turkey, do not allow the unconditional entry and exiting of refugees through the borders, forcing them towards the circuits of traffickers and the dangerous sea routes, so as to reach Europe. They do not apply the international treaties for the protection of the refugees and they do not provide them the structures and means for free transportation, residence, feeding, health care. They raise fences, like the one in Evros, and seek to stop the refugees who try to find a way to survive. At the same time, they are responsible for the military interventions in belligerent countries, military operations, the promotion of civil conflicts and religious competitions, in order for the economic oligarchy to exploit the natural and productive resources of wealth of these areas.
We strongly think that there is an urgent need for the class labor movement, in coordination with the youth and popular movement, to protest its solidarity to the refugees against the imperialist wars. We, the labor unions, the student associations and collectivities in common, organize protests in January 23 and 24, with diverse mobilizations in Greece.
We would like to suggest, as an expression of international solidarity and common action of all workers of our countries from both sides of the borders, the following symbolic actions:
We must all fight in common against:
- the imperialist wars, the military operations and bombings by the USA-NATO-EU forces, and the participation of our countries in these operations.
- the heartless counter-immigrant policies of the European Union, of the Greek and the Turkish governments.
We must all demand:
- For the crime in the Aegean Sea to end. Safe, secure and free access through the land and sea borders, for the refugees of the war, the oppression and poverty.
- For the fence in Evros to fall. No fences in Europe.
- Against the criminalization of migration. Legitimation and full rights for the economic and political refugees. Against deportations.
- Against the militarization of the borders. For the murderous operations of prevention and redirection by FRONTEX and the Greek border guards to stop.
- Against the assignment of restraining of refugees to Erdogan regime.
- Proper public buildings and structures for decent housing, health care, feeding for the economic and political refugees. Funding and recruitments for the structures and services of social support, and not for detention centers and repression.
With honor for your struggle