Coordination of trade unions, student unions and other groups
for Solidarity to refugees and immigrants
INVITATION TO COORDINATION ASSEMBLY
SUNDAY Mar 5th, 2017, TIME: 11 A.M.
You are cordially invited on Sunday the 5th of March at the Assembly Hall of POE-OTA (24, Carolou Street, Karaiskaki Square. Metro Station: Metaxourgeio) at 11 in the morning to an open assembly-meeting with union representatives, student association members, collective participants and members of refugees’ solidarity groups.
At the meeting Arabic and Farsi translation will be available. We will get in touch through Skype with refugees, collectives and solidarity groups from different cities and camps.
Aim of this assembly is the discussion, evaluation and organization of joint actions of the Greek Pro-Refugee Movement in regard to:
· Rights and liberties of refugees-asylum seekers, relocation and deportations.
· Living conditions at hot spots and other camps and facilities, imprisonment, and restriction of refugees in ghettos.
· Conditions of lodging, board and healthcare
· Rights of all refugees to Education and Employment
· EU and NATO policies, interventions and war conflicts, the shameful agreement between the EU and Turkey and the re-enstatement of the Dublin Convention in relation to deportations of refugees from the European countries back to the Country of initial entry.
· Greek government policies, NGO’s policies and money spending, and policies of municipalities in reference to refugee management.
· Conservative, xenophobic, racist and fascist powers.
· Refugees in Greece, Living together, Working together, How does this affect us all?
· Experiences from all actions taken within schools, neighborhoods, employment spaces and refugee hosting areas, as well as, from central joint mobilizations actions.
· The upgrading and updating of our joint action between Greeks and refugees, the optimal coordination on a country wide level of all collectives, the careful planning of the next steps and actions, campaign and protest march on the 18th of March.
· Improvement of coordination and communication among refugees from different locations: important step for successful fights!
We are waiting for you!